Va. Activists Press Banks For Foreclosure Aid | News
MANASSAS, Va. (AP) - Two national banks say nearly 1,000 homeowners in Prince William County and in Manassas and Manassas Park are eligible for assistance through the $25 billion National Mortgage Settlement.
Representatives of Bank of America and JP Morgan Chase made the announcement at a community meeting Sunday sponsored by Virginians Organized for Interfaith Community Engagement or VOICE.
Prince William County was particularly hard hit by the wave of foreclosures in recent years. VOICE has been pressing banks to provide hundreds of millions of dollars in Prince William County to compensate for the devastation.
GE subsidiary WMC Mortgage, the bank responsible for perhaps the most foreclosures in the county, is not a part of the settlement, but a representative says the company will negotiate with VOICE in coming months.
Top Prince William County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY SUPERVISOR TO WALK 30 MILES TO RAISE $30,000 FOR COMMUNITY NON-PROFITS
- Police Look For Commercial Larceny Suspect in Va.
- Manassas Hires Compliance Officer and Releases 2012 Water Quality Report
- Job Fair for Part-Time Faculty at NOVA-Manassas
- Police Search For Man In Attempted Abduction Case In Va.