Managing Your Stuff | Business
Ever think to yourself, I don’t have the time for managing my time? Of course, we all have! How do manage all your stuff? How do you decide what to focus on each day?
I have used a system that really helps manage my workflow at home and in the office. David Allen’s system in Getting Things Done has influenced the way I organize my life. Here are five steps that can help.
1. Collect: Everything that is incomplete that you have to do.
2. Process: What is it you have to do? Is it actionable or not?
3. Organize: If it is a non-actionable item then either toss it, use a tickler system as a reminder, or store it as a reference item. If it is an action item ask yourself what the next action step is; second, what is the outcome or result are you committed to?
If it will take less than two minutes do it right away. If it will take more than two minutes then either delegate or defer.
4. Review: All outstanding items on a weekly basis. This is critical so you are always clear and on-top of things.
5. Do: De-cluttering your mind will allow you to be more productive, efficient, and effective. Being clear on what you are doing at any point in time will allow you to feel more confident.
For More Information:
Susan Samakow, PCC, CPCC
Certified Business, Life & Leadership Coach